Phoenix Immigration Attorney

Citizenship & Green Card Attorney With Real Answers

Citizenship & Green Card Lawyer

Dedicated Immigration Attorneys in Phoenix, AZ

Phoenix Immigration Lawyer


is easy with the Milovic Law Firm’s Green Card and Citizenship Lawyers by your side. Hiring a qualified green card or citizenship attorney may be essential to a successful outcome. Whether you are located in Arizona, another state or even outside of the United States, we are passionate, dedicated and successful Phoenix immigration attorneys helping you achieve your American dream.

A green card, officially known as a permanent resident card, indicates that the green card holder is a legally permanent resident of the United States. As a permanent resident, you are authorized to live and work permanently in the U.S. You are also eligible to sponsor certain family relatives to help them attain permanent residence. Green card holders are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship following a certain period of residency, generally between 3 – 5 years after gaining permanent resident status.


There are several paths to become a permanent resident in the United States.  The most common path to residency is through a family member or employer in the United States.  This is referred to as sponsorship.  Certain victims of abuse may file for green card status without a sponsor.  Other individuals may qualify for permanent residency after obtaining refugee or asylum status.  Although permanent residency is the most common path to citizenship, there are other options available for certain individuals who have at least one U.S. parent.   Read below to learn more.

Schedule a consultation with the Citizenship and Green Card Lawyers at the Milovic Law Firm today to determine if you are eligible to apply for a green card or citizenship.


What We Cover

A Phoenix Immigration Law Firm with Traditional Values & Modern Techniques. Find Out How Our Immigration Lawyers in Phoenix, AZ can help no matter where you are located. Contact us today!

Green Card

Family-Based Green Card

You may be eligible to file for a green card if you have a U.S. citizen or permanent resident relative.

Employment-Based Green Card

You may be eligible for a green card through a job offer from a U.S. employer or based on certain achievements and accreditations.


The process of becoming a U.S. citizen if you were born outside the U.S. is referred to as naturalization.

Adam Walsh Act

Legislation entitled the Adam Walsh Act imposes immigration penalties on U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are convicted of certain crimes against minors.

Waivers of Inadmissibility

Certain criminal acts, health related grounds, unlawful presence and other immigration violations may lead to inadmissibility penalties for immigration applicants.              


The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows a battered spouse, child or parent of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to self-petition for a green card.

Schedule Your Initial Consultation Today

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to learn more. Contact the Milovic Law Firm for a FREE CONSULTATION today!
Phoenix Immigration Lawyer

Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing – What’s the difference?

Adjustment of Status

If you are already lawfully in the United States, then you may be eligible to stay in the in the country and apply for another immigration status – thereby adjusting your status. Adjusting your status in the U.S. has certain benefits, such as attending your interview at the USCIS field office of your home state.  Certain eligibility requirements must be met to qualify for adjustment of status.  For starters, you must have entered the U.S. lawfully and maintained your lawful status for the entire duration. (certain exceptions may applies).  Individuals who qualify to adjust their status may also qualify for work authorization while their adjustment of status application is pending. 

Consult a citizenship and green card lawyer to understand how to adjust your status.

Phoenix Immigration Lawyer

Consular Processing

If you are located outside of the United States, or do not qualify to adjust your status inside the country, you must apply for your U.S. immigration benefits at a U.S. embassy or consulate, also known as consular processing. Once USCIS approves your initial immigrant petition (if applicable), your case is transferred to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further processing.  The NVC, a component of the U.S. Department of State, is responsible for holding non-immigrant visa applications and immigrant petitions until a visa becomes available and/or an interviews date becomes available at the designated embassy or consulate abroad.


Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing may depend on your eligibility criteria and personal preferences.  Your individual factors determine which option you are eligible for, or what option better suits your personal circumstances.  Cost and wait times may also factor into this decision.

The citizenship and green card attorneys at the Milovic Law Firm can help guide you to make the best decision. Contact us today!


Dedicated Phoenix Immigration Attorney With Real Answers

At Milovic Law Firm, our Phoenix immigration attorneys are dedicated to deliver the highest quality immigration representation.

Dedicated Team

We are devoted to our clients & aggressively pursue every option available to you.

8 Years Experience

We're qualified and experienced to take on your immigration case.

5 Star Reviews

Our standard of excellence is fueled by a desire to protect your immigration rights.

Free Consultation

Schedule your consultation with our Phoenix immigration lawyers today!

Book a Free Case Evaluation

Call Us Now

Request A Free



How We Are Trusted. See What They Say About Us.

Immigration Blog

Our Phoenix immigration blog brings you tips and how-to information to help your family through the U.S. immigration system.

Free Consultation

Get in touch with us. Speak with an experienced imimmigration attorney today.

    Call Us Now!